Saturday, November 30, 2013

Jazz Fest 2013 Kolkata

Jazz fest Kolkata, 2013













Every year Dalhousie Institute in Ballygunge, Kolkata, plays host to the much awaited Jazz fest (Congo Square Jazz Fest). It is usually a three day festival and happens around Nov-Dec.

I did manage to catch it today. I have been missing this event for the last two years. A good number of musicians from all over the world especially, USA, Germany, Mexico, Australia, and India perform in this fest. The ambiance is electric. It is essentially Jazz fusion music and I love it.

Kolkata seems to have a lot of Jazz lovers, I could barely find a place to sit...there were youngsters and elderly people and all of them were enjoying the music. The weather this time of the year is pleasant and it is a perfect time indeed to relax and enjoy Jazz.

Here's a small clipping of one of the performances, could not get a good coverage from where I was sitting:(




No comments: