Saturday, October 27, 2012

Durga puja 2012, North Kolkata

Ma Durga
My sister and I toured some parts of North and South Kolkata on panchami night.

This was my first experience of pandal hopping the whole night long. This experience was unique.I did not feel sleepy, and there were quite a few slightly crazy people like us pandal hopping as well. And to think that officially durga puja had not started as yet. It was still panchami!

I am sharing some of the North Kolkata Durga puja pandals that we visited. More to follow.




Durga puja pandal
Baghbazar, North
Kolkata
Durga pandal, Baghbazar
2012



Durga idol
Pandal decorations
Baghbazar



Chaltabagan, Durga puja
pandal, 2012
Pandal decorations
Chaltabagan



Durga idol, Chaltabagan
Work on the pandal
at Chaltabagan
Durga puja
 


2 comments:

Sabyasachi Patra | Tales from Wild India said...

Pandal hopping for the whole night? Wow!

Nice to see images.

Ranjana Jha said...

Thanks, Sabyasachi. Yes, it was an experience and a half!